Friday, October 8, 2010

Reading Notes of "The Pearl"

      A week before, I started reading a novel called "The Pearl". The beginning was taken place at a poor and shabby house. A couple lived in there. The men is called Kino, and his wife is called Juana. They had a baby whose name was Coyotito. It was a sunny morning, and the couple just got up. While Juana was making breakfast, the evil scorpion came. The scorpion stung their baby, and they were in a really big shock. Since the toxic substance, they needed to console a doctor. However, they don't have enough money...
      This story concentrates on the poor, who engaged in the "Pearl" issue. At the very beginning of the story, the novel describes in circumstance, including the name of city (Gulf), and their shabby house etc. I actually never experience the life in a shabby house, but I did see the sea, that was a gorgeous experience. Also, the author described Juana's appearance, which was tense and shock, this creates a horrible atmosphere. I think the event took place in summer, since the couple didn't dress up very thick.
      I hope this novel will have a positive ending.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that u said ending was nice!! What happen in the end??? Does story is interesting??? U finished it so fast!!Probably the story is really gud or u r soooo hard worker...hahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished the book really fast ,and I thought that the story was really nice. I will read this book when I finished my book, because I was interesting about the full story and the ending.

    ReplyDelete