Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reading Notes of "The Pearl" 2nd

      I actually finished "The Pearl" last Saturday. As I mentioned before, this novel does have a positive ending, not the tragic ending that I dislike.
      After they find the pearl in the sea, all the neighbors came and gather towards them. Also, the doctor came to them and cured their child. All the things they want to do is to flatter this couple. Kino announced his own dream about his son and the future life with Juana. However, those nice dreams didn't become true. The dealer couldn't receive the big pearl, because it is too big to be valued. At that moment, the couple was shocked and dismal, and Kino accidentally kill a person who wanted to grasp the pearl. They were in a super bad situation, and they need to avoid the whole group of people who wanted the pearl. Therefore, they went to the north city, and get rid of these people. Finally Kino throw the pearl away into the sea, and they return to their village peacefully.
      Kino is a person who doesn't want to avoid the truth, who does confront all the difficulties that he had to face. I admire this kind of people, because as a human, we cannot just escape, instead of facing the problems, otherwise, we cannot achieve anything in our lives. Sometimes, people need to deal with the problems, in order to reach the goal in our lives. I am trying to be this kind of person, and be scrupulous with all things I have to face. All the successful celebrities must have done lots of efforts in their jobs, and people will definitely get the positive result, if we try to deal with the problems.
       As a whole, being scrupulous is one of the qualities that we need to beat all the problems, just like Kino's success.

2 comments:

  1. Hi~Bert!!I saw your reading notes. Seening the notes, I really want to read the novel. It may make me moved. And, I wonder if Kino goes to jail or not because Kino killed a person, as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that we have to face difficulties, we can't escape forever. I think the reason why Kino didn't go to jail for killing a person is that he didn't mean it, it was an accident. It was just my guess. But the good thing is, they can live peacefully in their village.

    ReplyDelete